CHANGES Shelter Reservation Sites/311 Shelter reservation Waitlist
If you are seeking same day emergency shelter and/or a 90-day shelter bed reservation for the first time you will need to create a profile in the Adult Shelter System by visiting a CHANGES Shelter Reservation Site, detailed information on each site is available on the next page.
CHANGES Shelter Reservation sites will assist with the following:
Creating a profile in Adult Shelter System
- Please note TB Clearance, Photo and Fingerprint is required to make Shelter Reservations (311 cannot do this)
- Making a 90-day bay shelter bed reservation/getting on the 311 Shelter Reservation Waitlist
- Explaining 311 Shelter Reservation Waitlist process and how you can check your spot on the waitlist
- Assist you in contacting 311 when you are at the top of the waitlist.
- Answer questions regarding the 311 Shelter Reservation Waitlist or additional resources.
Once a profile has been created, you may:
Call 311 to make a 90-day shelter bed reservation and get on the waitlist
- You may have only one place on the list at a time.
- Previous shelter guests should call 311 for additional 90-day shelter if needed.
Go to a CHANGES reservation site after 4:30 daily for 1-night bed and weekend stays.
- Please note 90-day reservations are made through the 311 Shelter Reservation Waitlist process only. Shelters do not make reservations.
Waitlists are updated and posted daily. Check your place on the waitlist by:
- Viewing posted Waitlists at various locations and online.
- Asking for help at a CHANGES reservation sites and shelters.
- Calling 311 or looking online at: www.sf311.org/waitlist